Monday, June 18, 2007

Thinking about God's plan...

I was just reading a blog (boy do I have to stop doing that, it is WAY to much fun)...and I had an epiphany of sorts...

5 years ago in January, Hubby and I realized it was time to move. Not change houses, MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE. We wanted to save our marriage and protect our family from falling apart. So we researched the Nashville area (as this was as far North as I could convince Hubby to move) and Hubby sent his resume to EVERY dealership and mechanic job in the entire Nashville and surrounding areas. SERIOUSLY, EVERYWHERE...Goodletsville, Hendersonville, Cookeville, Nashville, Smryna, Antioch, you name it, he sent it out. Hubby got one job offer. One. This is from 50 (at least) resumes. Now, at the time, I couldn't figure out why this was the only offer...I thought maybe this area was not interested in good mechanics.

Moving on, it's February and we are trying to find a place to live. We begin our search by the interstate...we check out about 20 different apartment complexes in about 3 towns/cities...and then we decide on an apartment right back where we started...

Moving on...it's 7 months later, we have lived in the apartment for 5 months and are miserable...absolutely miserable...we attend a church we love, we have great friends but we are hating our apartment...so we start looking for a house...my poor realtor...she took me to no less than 20 houses. The first one on the street we eneded up buying on. HA! No, we did not purchase the first house we looked at, it was just on the same street...

Moving on...We've lived in our house for almost 5 years. It is the perfect house for us right now. It has expandable space (which we are working on), it is in a great area, very close to our school...our friends are close by. We attend a different church than at the beginning of our move but we are more in love with God than we were before...we are stronger than we were...we are learning more than we've ever learned before...I say we, Hubby is pretty nifty...I am the one that needed the "learning"...it's working...

Some might call this coincidence. I believe God put us where He wanted us. We are learning to be content where we are. To be happy with the here and now. I am learning I want it simpler. I want to go through my house and take the garbage bag with me. This is what God has planned for us...and I want to say Thank you God...You knew what You were doing all along...

3 comments:

Elizabeth S said...

I just told my mom yesterday that I wanted to throw away about half of everything in my house! We should do it together. Love ya!

Amanda said...

I love it when we're able to look back and say WOW God's plan is perfect for me! We may not think it at the time, but everything always works out for the best.

I'm such a pack rat but every once in awhile (usually when my sister comes over and makes me) I go through all kinds of stuff and throw away all the useless junk I have collected.

Brandy Brow said...

I commend you for following God, particularly through rough times. It's hard when we're confined, but if we let God do His perfect work, we grow tremendously and draw closer to Him. Sounds like you've been finding that. Wonderful.

Brandy of The Building Brows