Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Why I am Thankful

This article was not something I had ever thought about. Not even for my parents. But it brought me to tears...how ungrateful I am for the gifts of my children. How I take them being here for granted. God gave me this time in their lives to MOLD them into followers of Christ...what am I doing to ensure this? So...I am reading "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp. I am determined to work through this parenting thing...I want to be the best mom I can be...and the best wife...guess that means I should be folding laundry instead of blogging, ha! :)

2 comments:

Gayle said...

That article really hit home for me too! My time is so short, ya know? I've got Shepherding a Child's Heart sitting on my nighstand (along with about a bazillion other books) and was just thinking it was time to crack it open.

Gayle

Crystal said...

Hey I couldn't get the article to come up--but I love this post--do you ever have days where you think all day long how can I be a better mom/wife--I thought about this all day long and I felt convicted in my heart--I am just a human mom that loves these children with all of my heart and soul but how can I "mold" them into a Christian who loves Jesus more than anything--I am so unworthy of the task and I thought about this all day--I need his word and I need to pray!!!!! Hae you ever had one of those days?!!!