Monday, March 19, 2007

First Official Day of Spring Break

And Oldest Girl is sick. What a bummer. She had a fever last night and said her cough was bothering her. Now she has lain (is that a word) around all day long and says her throat hurts and keeps coughing. *SIGH* I just want well children. Is that too much to ask? Was going to get my hair cut tomorrow, I was so excited, it is from a friend of mine and I was actually getting to go to the salon (which meant a hair washing and a blow-dry...*SIGH**SIGH*). Cancelled the appointment...Then there is the topper offer...Oldest Son is still struggling with good decisions. He thinks it's ok to take other peoples drinks/candy/gum/mints, whatever he sees fit to take and then lie about it when he is caught. I'm trying to make sure I keep an eye on him at all times...but any of you with more than, well with any children, know it is an act of congress to keep them alive, let alone an eye on them at all times. So there you go. I discussed discipline with a friend of mine yesterday, it was very interesting to talk to her....needless to say, Oldest Son is in his room, grounded. He had a peanut butter sandwich for dinner and does not get to come out to play tonight. Although this might sound extremely severe, I assure you, it has been long in coming, I am really wanting to break this habitual stealing and lying as quickly as possible. He understands why he is in there and has been handling this discipline better than he has ever handled anything else. Maybe he is getting it? I sure hope so. I hope I haven't just damaged my son forever. Oh my...I just want to raise Happy, Healthy, Honest, Christ Loving Children...Pray for me...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm having some similar problems with my girls (they keep calling each other names and being mean to each other) so last night I had finally had enough! They both had to stay on their beds until it was time to wake up this morning. It helped so much! They've actually been nice to each other today! I'll keep praying though.