Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Thinking of the New Year

I've been reading peoples blogs about their New Year Resolutions or non resolutions or whatever thoughts they have been having this year...it's been thoroughly interesting and enlightening. I am not the only one who has made resolutions only to break them by the next day...seems that is a common thread. So I am changing my thinking this year...I am going to make goals for myself that involve changing my thought process, not to reach the brass ring but to truly become a different person, a person after God, nothing more, nothing less.

So this is me for the year 2007: God wants me. He doesn't want part of me, He wants ALL of me...I will strive to give Him my all. I am not expecting perfection from myself, I am expecting a move in the right direction, EVERY DAY! God wants for me to be a better parent...I will strive to become the parent God chose for me to be...not by fear, not by punishment, but by education and love and guidance. God wants for me to be a submissive wife. WOW, that one is so hard for me...I don't believe God is telling me to lay down and be walked on...I do however, believe God is telling me to allow my husband to be the leader. For Jesse to teach our family for Jesse to make the decisions final in our family and for Jesse to be the head of our household. That makes the someone I am now, not the someone I will need to become. These are tough goals. They are not something I want to take lightly. It goes beyond giving God quiet time in the morning for me...it is a complete lifestyle adjustment. Thought process needs to change...spending habits need to change, tone of voice when I talk to ANYONE needs to change. These are the things I will be doing this year...Pray for the success of serving God. That is all I ask.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you inspire me! Love Jenn B

Amanda said...

This so is so very awesome!!! You made me cry just reading this. I know we don't really know each other, but I feel as though we do!!! I always look forward to reading your blog!! I pray that you will have strength and wisdom from God this year to follow through with all that you want and need to change in your life!!!

amy b. said...

hey girl! those sound like great new years resolutions! ones that i need to make myself. hope you are doing well....i only have 2.5 more weeks!!!!!!

.: Christa :. said...

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. Stuff like this warms my heart too. I think we would all be amazed to see all that God can do with us and through us when we allow ourselves to become totally His!

nicole said...

The greatest thing about serving our God is that we can start over every day. He doesn't hold on to our failures and neither should we. Good luck!