Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Receiving End...

I am not a good receiver of help. I hate being on this end of things and I don't know how to do it without sounding like I am begging someone not to do something. Which is generally not the case, I love being taken care of...I am always worried about putting someone out financially, taking away from family time, or whatever it happens to be that I want to worry about at that particular moment. So this week has been a challenge for me. Not only am I receiving help, but I am also staying in the house (which is probably really good for the pocketbook in this house). I am taking care of my husband, who is normally the big strong man of the house (by the way, I am a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE nurse). I am not getting to sleep in my own bed (I am so scared of kicking Hubby in the middle of the night). I forgot to do an assignment due to youngest girl being so sick...the list goes on. The thing is, I am not having a bad time. I am enjoying spending quality time with my family. I am enjoying having someone here to play with the kids while I play on the computer a little...I am finding I love my life. The other thing is this: I am blessed. Do you guys ever sit there and think about HOW BLESSED you are? It is not something I do on a regular basis and am realizing I should! Tuesday, my mother-in-law, cousin-in-law and aunt-in-law, all came to our house (2hour drive) to help me with the kids and keep me company at the surgery center and to support hubby...WOW...Tuesday night, my Flicka fed my entire family for 3 days (taco soup, YUMMY)...numerous friends have called to check on hubby and youngest girl...and tonight...my precious oldest girl's teacher and his wife are feeding our family. WOW. Talk about blessed. Tonight I am going to remember to never forget how much love can be shown in a time of need...and I am going to remember to remember this even when I am not in need...and then I am going to pay it forward...because that is what I like to do...Thanks for listening to my jumbled brain! :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

You are amazing!!!! I love love love love your writing because it is usually where I am!!! I so relate!!! Going thru this whole adoption has really changed my life and I have thought so much about how blessed I am to have her and Caleb!!! I will never take them for granted --I literally look at them in awe sometimes and I am still amazed!

ok--so sorry --I didn't mean to go on and on you just got me thinking how blessed I am!!!--and you are so so so mcuh a part of that blessing!!!!

Thank you for my comment on my blog--you are just the sweetest!!! I am trying to catch up here--where do the days go?!!!!!