Tuesday, February 6, 2007

A Week From Today

So Jesse (hubby) has gall bladder surgery this coming Tuesday. He is REALLY nervous as he has never been put under before. I don't blame him for being freaked out, I read the information today...yes, during class, I should have been paying attention but my professor is very interested in telling stories about herself...sigh...anyway, it sounds a little scary...not a lot, ok a little lot...but I am praying about it and my mother in law is coming up and my cousin in law too...my husband is an only child. Anyway...it is supposed to take 3 hours and it is supposed to be easy to get over, but Jesse is one that believes he is going to work two hours after he has something done...ugh! :) Pray for us, please!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck to you guys. I had gallbladder surgery just over a year ago. Let your husband know that it will be 2 weeks before he can lift anything and a good 4 weeks before he isn't sore anymore. The first 3-4 days are the worst though, it's very hard not the use your abdominal muscles and that is where the incisions are. Give me a hollar if you need anymore info.

Aimee said...

It will all come out all right! I had my gall bladder removed at 6 weeks postpartum with my oldest. I was in terrible pain before the surgery, and I had it removed laprascopically. Being put under was not too bad, and I have no recollection of any of it, just a scratchy throat for a few hours afterwards because of being intubated. I was in and out the same day, and it took me about a full week to feel back to my regular self, although I was feeling pretty good by the next day or two. (of course, I had just given birth, so Jesse's recovery time may be even shorter!)
I will send up a prayer for you and your family.