Friday, February 2, 2007

What a great day

So today, a friend of mine asked the age old question, work outside the home mommy or work at home mommy. UGH! that is such a frustrating question to me. I would so love to make some money, add to the family budget and bring down the debt (don't say anything, I know I am the spender of the family). However, there is nothing that I can do at home...so why not go out of the home to work, you say? Here's the thing, I feel like God has called me to be at home, too many things have fallen into place for me to feel like I should work anywhere else. Think about it...I would be paying 800 at least in daycare, there are three that would be in daycare, I would have to have everyone up at the crack of dawn...all four of them, it's hard enough with just one, I would have to have make-up on and hair fixed, etc. UGH! I think women that work outside the home, are amazing. Seriously. I am learning to appreciate both sides of this story...especially when there is no other option. Don't get me wrong, when the kids are all in school, I will HOPEFULLY, PRAYERFULLY, be a teacher. If not a teacher, then an employee of some sort. I just don't want to be in debt for the rest of our lives...that all being said...I feel blessed to be home...VERY blessed. In Alabama, I worked at least 3 days a week, sometimes 5...

I think I've been talking about this subject a lot lately. I wonder if I am being taught something...I know, I am always being taught something...but this time, I think I can figure it out...I believe God is giving me the opportunity to adjust the way I act at home, to clean more, organize more, enjoy my kids more, not look like a dilapidated female everytime I wake up...I think today was enlightening for some of these things. I have managed to wash, dry, fold & PUT AWAY at least two loads of laundry, played play-dough with the kids, let them play outside in the snow, taken a few pictures of them (if I could figure out how to put them on here, I would), and just generally enjoy my children and my life. I've talked with my husband a couple of times, he has been so sweet...we are getting him home this weekend, SO EXCITED! :) So all in all, I am a spoiled brat that needs to remember what a gift God has given her. SERIOUSLY!

Oh, that was the end until I remembered I got my Peter Reynolds books today! He signed them individually to each child, oh my goodness, I love them love them love them! He is amazing!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow great blog, I think we all feel the way you do at times.

Elizabeth S said...

I think that everyone should do what they think is the best decision for their own family. I learned that it is not my place to judge others on their decisions for their own families. That having been said, for my family, I can't imagine doing anything else but being home with my kids, especially while they are still young. I have always known this is what I would do when I grew up. While there are days that I feel like pulling my hair out, I can't imagine being anywhere else.

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I have never heard of those books, but they look like something I'd love!

dcrmom said...

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog!! I, too, have chosen not to make an income so I can stay home. What a blessing it is! But not always easy. I was a teacher before kids. Loved it. Hope to go back some day. Good luck!!